Ferrara

Bonacossi Palace (Palazzo Bonacossi)

Edited by

Daniele Pascale

Houses and Palaces

Other denominations

Palazzo Bonacossi / Palazzo Diotisalvi Neroni

Founders

Francesco d'Este

D'Este's People

Marfisa d'Este

Artists / Humanists

Augusto Pagliarani

Description

This palace, built in 1469 by Diotisalvi Neroni, was purchased in 1533 by Gurone d’Este and in 1556 by the Boiardo di Scandiano. In 1572, it returned to the House of Este in the person of Francesco, Marquis of Massa Lombarda; already the owner of the Palazzina di Marfisa, he intended to build a single residential complex. In the 17th century it passed to the Bonacossi family and was definitively separated from the Palazzina di Marfisa. It became the seat of the Lancieri d’Aosta and then a home for evacuees, before being restored in the late 20th century.

Gallery

Useful information

Address

via Cisterna del Follo, 3-5

Municipality

FERRARA

Province

Ferrara

Other addresses

angolo via A. Saffi

Visitability of the place

Open to visits

Themes

Delizia

Website

http://www.ferraraterraeacqua.it/it/ferrara/scopri-il-territorio/arte-e-cultura/ville-dimore-teatri-storici/palazzo-bonacossi

Tourer

https://www.tourer.it/mappa?id=998

Included in the itineraries